I love baked zucchini sticks, they’re a tasty, light, nutritious and totally addicting side dish!
A fun recipe, absolutely delicious and easy to make.. you cut the zucchini into quarters lengthwise dip stick in egg, then roll them in a mixture of panko breadcrums and Parmesan and bake them until crispy. You can’t go wrong! 😉
Tasty zucchini sticks oven-roasted, crisp on the outside and soft and juicy on the inside.
Perfect side dish , perfect appetizer and perfect snack!
I use panko breadcrumbs (Japanese breadcrumbs) because it make gorgeous zucchini stick, I like their light and airy texture.
Yummy zucchini stick, baked not fried much lighter and healthier when compared to frying zucchini sticks. A great and healthy alternative to french fries, because bake it like it’s fried! 😉
The baked zucchini sticks are officially the greatest way to enjoy a vegetable, pure deliciousness! 😀
It’s better way to get your kids to eat their veggies. Kids will love this take on fries, even though they’re secretly made from an unexpected vegetable 😉
Baked zucchini fries is by far one of the best veggie side dishes I’ve ever made, my boyfriend loves these.
It’s his favorite way to eat zucchini and her only complaint is that I don’t make enough 😀
They are so good that I guarantee even picky eaters will love these! 😉
These zucchini fries are almost impossible to stop eating! 😉
|Baked zucchini stick|| |
- 4 medium zucchini, cut in sticks
- 1 egg
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 ½ tbsp grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- salt, to taste
- olive oil to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- In a bowl, combine Panko breadcrumbs, parmesan, freshly ground black pepper, salt to taste and stir to combine.
- Cut zucchini into quarters lengthwise and cut in half again.
- In a small bowl, beat egg and season with salt and pepper.
- In a ziplock bag, place the zucchini stick and add the flour, salt and shake well.
- Dip zucchini sticks into eggs and then into the Panko.
- Place the breaded zucchini on the oven racks.
- (The oven racks keep the zucchini up off of the baking sheet and allows hot air to circulate underneath, which will prevent soggy bottoms.)
- Bake for around 20 minutes, or until the sticks turn golden brown and crispy.
- Serve immediately.